Sunday 29 May 2011

Private Island

From that fantastically chosen title of mine, you are probably thinking that this latest blog will be about me owning a private island and vacationing there every now and then with a few of my besties and/or family.
Now I mean this in the most polite way possible, but, and you have no idea how much it hurts me to say, you are in fact WRONG!  .... I do not in fact have a Private Island of my own in that Caribbean, although I will admit how nice that would be! That would, however, imply that I am secretly rich and able to just buy a piece of land in the middle of beautiful clear water out in an almost perfect climate.
I am not rich, nor have I been saving for 400 years to be able to afford said Island. No ... no, this is merely a distant dream of mine at the moment, a bit like owning a property in the South of France.

HOWEVER, a dream it is, and not to be reckoned with .... and I will let you in on a little secret, if you want something bad enough, and you put in the right amount of effort and hard work, you will eventually get it. I’m talking as realistic as you can get in this situation, if you turned around to someone and said, well, I want a pink elephant with blue stripes in my backyard to keep my pet giraffe with the bell around its neck company .... well that’s probably unlikely to happen ... I’m not ruling it’s possibility out all together, I’m just saying there is a slim chance of that occuring.
ANYWAY .... I think my aspiration to own an island one day is not THAT far fetched .... you never know what’s around the corner – that’s the beauty of life!

So when I’m older and I have purchased and jazzed up said island and I’ve bought the boat that I can water ski behind and the sea plane that I can skydive out of, I’ll let you know.


Who know’s, I might even name one of the beaches after you!

No comments:

Post a Comment