Monday 9 May 2011

Birthday Invites and Dust Busting

So it's my sisters birthday at the end of this month and I designed some invitations for her party. She wants to have it at Movie World! Hollywood on the Gold Coast .. pffft unlikely, I don't see Courtney Cox walking down the main streets or in line for the Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster ... and may I just say that maybe I should be getting some kind of payment or compensation for giving Movie World advertising!
Anyway, because she's really really into Harry Potter at the moment (as I'm sure a lot of us were at that age, and still are, at ages 17 + ) I decided that I would create such an awesometastic invitation for her that it would beat any retail invitations, hands down!
And I did. But the problem is, that I did such an awesome job, (that I was quite proud of if I do say so myself ... I'm not egotistical at all ... I just like them!) that I wanted to keep them for myself. I didn't want her to take them to school and hand them out to her friends, I created these with my own hands! I wanted to keep them. I even constructed hand made little envelopes with the houses out of Harry Potter on them (Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw - I apologise to all the die-hard HP fans out there if I spelt the house names wrong) I was so proud of my creative efforts.

I thought about it, and decided that it probably would be a good idea to actually give them to my sister to give to her friends, after all I did initially start making them for her. So I let her have her invitations. But as a compromise, I took a photo of them so I could keep a digital copy and the memories!

Also I thought that I would share that we got a new vacuum today .. and may I add ... a pretty radical vaccume! ... It looks like its about to launch into space, and/or crash landed on earth from space in all its suction awesomeness! It's like a little bug shaped UFO with vaccume bags for aliens! Definitely a superior technologically advanced dust busting machine!
It is a lot better than the old broken one we had. I don't mean to sound horrible or hurt its feelings or anything, but it just wasn't doing it's job. We had to let it go, fortunately it wasn't getting paid a cent and did not have a family to feed so it was an easy task!

So rather than just skimming over top of the dirt, then the dirt turning around and looking up at me saying "HA HA, your not getting me, I am far to good for your crappy vaccume" in their arrogant tone, I suck it all up now with no arguments at all!

So screw you dirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment