Wednesday 4 May 2011

Bending the Rules

I recently went to the cinema to see the latest addition of the 'Scream' movies. I must admit that 'Scream 4' was pretty good, and lived up to it's reputation for being a scary movie. The slogan was, 'Scream 4 breaks all the rules.' Now if that were me creating a slogan for a movie, I would probably have said something like 'This is fictional horror! There are no rules at all! People are going to get killed no matter what 'rules' may be enforced.' But that's just me. All in all, I did enjoy it! ... I'm quite the movie buff. BUT the thing that I really hate about going to the multiplex, is the ad's at the beginning of the movie. The commercials for other movies are all right, after all, I do like to know what I would plan on seeing next time. But the commercials from TV are just absolute crap! ... You go to the theatre to get escape reality, and sitting there watching a massive screen almost 10 times bigger than the poxy little one that I watch my DVDs on at home displaying the new ab swing pro, is not escaping reality! .. I don't want to be reminded that I was to lazy to do any exercise that day.
Somehow they will also manage to slip in a cleaning product commercial as well. That's another thing that I don't need reminding about, that my house is absolutely filthy!

So in the event that you may find yourself in a situation where you are reminded of reality when you absolutely don't want to because it will probably make you scream out to the world 'I HATE BEING AN ADULT' by all means ... feel free to waltz down the aisle and dance out to the candy bar .. because after all ... what can't candy fix?

No comments:

Post a Comment