Sunday 8 May 2011

Mother's Day oh .. and Friday

Awell Hellooo!

How are we all on this fine Mothers Day?

Lets hope we are all as awesome as I am ... although, let me tell you ... it took some work getting to the mood I'm in now, I didn't just wake up this morning, jump out of bed like a ninja and evidently was in the best mood one could be in at the ungodly hour of 7:00 AM on a Sunday! BUT, the main thing is that I an in a fantastic mood now. The day started with moaning and groaning as I realised that yes, it actually was that dreaded time to crawl out of bed. Waking myself up just enough to be considered barely conscious to make breakfast I realised that today was in fact Mothers Day, and what kind of daughter would I have been while living at home and not making Mum breakfast in bed, so she got my famous microwaved scrambled eggs and toast, OH and coffee of course!

I woke up a bit more and after we gave Mum her presents I went back down stairs so I could eat and get ready to go out to Wivenhoe Dam for a Mothers Day Picnic with the family! OH and guess what! ... I totally drove out there! 2 hours baybee! ... I know that probably doesn't sound that interesting to you but I love driving so therefore it's incredibly awesome news for me!

So that was basically my mothers day! So besides having a great day today and bragging, I thought I would tell you something bad, you know just to even up the equation and not make you feel to bad if your day way crap.

My Friday night was crap also, so there you go, no need to feel jealous of my great Sunday because my Friday balanced the scale!

So the morning was okay and then I got out of bed and it all started to go down hill from there. First, I remembered that it was Friday, and that may seem like a good thing, but Friday is my cleaning day, which evidently means what it sounds like, I had to clean a two storey house that has had 3 young kids trashing the place since Tuesday. Now I want you to know that I really don't mind cleaning it that much, but I was in a foul mood that day!

When I accepted the fact that I had to do this, and that it was better to be positive about it then to actually whinge about it all so that the time might seem to go quicker (according to psychological studies ... apparently, don't quote me, I'm completely under qualified for digging around in other peoples minds) I decided to drag myself out of bed and get ready for work.
Now the rest of the day I'm not going to bore you with, same things happened basically, I studied, worked and cleaned, it wasn't until about 4 / 4:30 PM came around that thing started to turn pear shaped again!

I was starting to put the dishes away from earlier that day (I know I very lazy) and as I was going to put the coffee cups away up in the top cupboard, I dropped one and when I went to catch it (in a weird way might I add, I don't know what I was thinking trying to catch it with my back hand) it hit the bench at the same time and shattered over my hand. I looked down and my right pinkie figure and ring figure to assess the damage I might have done. My first thoughts were "okay, well I don't think it that bad, not much damage there at all" and then the blood started to gush out! It wouldn't stop, either my platelets were being really lazy and not clotting my blood, or I had done some serious damage.
My thoughts then were things like "Oh my God I am going to die of blood loss, no time to get to the emergency room now, either I'm going to die here on my kitchen floor with my lasts words being unpleasant cursing, or I'm going to have to stitch myself back together myself .. wheres the sewing kit?"

After Dad looked at the damage, he basically said "you'll need a stitch" and I was thinking 'oh great, well are you going to do it, or would you like me to attempt it .. there's no time for Doctors now! If we wait I might loose my hand!' ... But as I talked myself out of my over dramatization I thought ' okay, well maybe there is some time to drive 5 minutes down the road for a qualified Doctor to look at my hand, maybe, just maybe, I actually WON'T bleed to death!'

So that's how my fight with a coffee cup landed me with a syringe full of anesthetic injected into my pinkie finger and two stitches to hold me together. Anyway, as it turns out, I'm not going to die from blood loss, but I could get an infection if I don't keep it covered and clean, which probably wouldn't be the best thing in the world!

Anyway, I'm off to do some of the simplest tasks in life however find them impossibly difficult due to my new found injury ... God, am I looking forward to next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment