Wednesday 4 May 2011

Adulthood Sucks!

Adulthood is not all it’s cracked up to be! And this is coming from a person who has only just recently entered it!

Upon receiving my college paper back after it had been marked (unfairly may I add) ... I took one look at the mark on the front cover and my heart almost jumped out of my chest ... I was going through the grieving process ... OVER A PAPER!

Now, I know what you’re thinking, ‘one little letter, it probably wasn’t even that bad at all’, but let me tell you this, that one little letter pushed me into my mighty consumption of many bags of pineapple lumps and whatever chocolate was left over in the fridge from Easter.

I was unstoppable! The radar that I forgot excised reared its ugly face as my overwhelming desire to eat any chocolate in sight consumed my passion even for adrenaline at that time! (Which might I add is saying something, adrenaline and as it turns out, chocolate, is my kryptonite.) Chocolate to me is like putting a drink in front of a recovering alcoholic. Wave that bad boy in front of me and you might as well say goodbye to your arm!

I would also like to warn you that I tend to go very hyperactive in the presence of chocolate. Let me tell you that hyper activeness in not at all the same as energetic. Energetic is the adjective that would be used to describe a playful puppy, and I’ll tell you that I was nowhere near resembling a puppy at this time! I think that if you tried to heavily sedate me, wear me out by making me swing on that damn ab swing pro and peel my eyes open to make me watch speed in high definition and on fast forward I would still have enough energy to fly around the world 8 times and feel no jet lag what so ever!

Now I know what you are probably thinking! ‘She’s a total loon, maybe a few too many drinks she might have had today ... its one paper’ ... on the contrary though ... I have not been intoxicated with any alcohol nor am I insane (at least I don’t think I’m insane.)

However, this particular paper was the paper of all papers. If any one of Einstein’s theories were compared to this architectural paper, then I think I know which one would triumph. Considering the amount of work that I had done on it! But no ... The markers of my paper thought otherwise and unfortunately, now ... I am wallowing in the guilt of consuming every inch of chocolaty goodness in the fridge, which was evidently caused by this paper. I sure that it will now start a chain reaction that will cause me to spiral downwards and crawl into a hole filled with crunchies and caramel filled chocolates and not come out. Then because the world will have a student with a half finished course, it will be in short supply of architects which will then mess with the entire space time continuum and I will eventually be blamed for the cause of the end of the world!

Okay ... so maybe that was a little over dramatic. I can always resubmit this paper anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment