Tuesday 24 May 2011

Metal Images

You know how you get those images in your head when someone says something. It triggers mental pictures and thoughts that you otherwise wouldn’t have had.
Well, that happened to me today!

My mum had left our super radical spaceship like vacuum outside. She had been vacuuming the car and had come in for lunch. Anyway, she said to me, “just keep an eye on my vacuum outside would you? I don’t want anyone steeling it!”

Now, one would think that the proper mental image here would be someone driving along, spotted an easy target, thought ‘sweet as, free vacuum’, pinched it and then drove off ... Everyone’ different, I just thought this would be classed as the norm in said situation!

However, that’s not the case ... You see my though process is quite different and this was yet another chance for my imagination to let loose!

See instead of a car, I just picture someone nicking the vacuum and running down the street with it ... Why they are running is beyond me ... maybe they wanted the exercise and the fresh air!

Secondly ... it wasn’t a person that I had a mental image of ... It was Speedy Gonzales!

Why my subconscious chose a little Mexican Mouse running around with a sombrero pinching my vacuum is unfathomable ... but I can’t control that ... after all, it’s my SUB-conscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment