Wednesday 15 June 2011

South America

I just went onto the Contiki Travel Tour site, and guess what! .... They now have tours for, wait for it, that right, I'm going to give you a big build up here ... SOUTH AMERICA! ... now I know that this definitely won't interest everyone, not at all, but it definitely interested me! ... I have a friend who lives over in South America, although, she lives in Chili and the tours only travel through Peru, Argentina and Brazil ... still, I thought that this was AH MAY ZING!
Machu Pichu - Peru
Being the travel bug that I am, this is the tour that I really want to do now:
http://contiki.com.au/tours/286-the-adventurer/itinerary
(take a look at the link if you want, but I'll pretty much explain what it is in this next awesome description!)

It's 24 days of pure awesomeness and inspiration. The tour goes from Lima, through Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Puno, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Pichu, Puerto Malsonado, Buenos Aires, Iguassu Falls, Buzios and finally Rio de Janeiro.
How fantastic does that sound!



Rio de Janeiro
Well, I can only dream at the moment, I have almost no money, especially not enough to go trekking around the world .. YET! ... I will though, that much I know. I won't be able to stay put for long!

I am thinking though, that I will finish all my study first, then hopefully I will have enough money saved after then (hopefully) to do at least a little traveling .. I suppose I'm just going to have to see where life takes me!

I don't really have a fantastically detailed plan for my future mapped out, but I do know what I want, and I do know that my 'gypsy blood' won't allow for much deviation from that path - at least I hope not anyway!

The last thing I want is a cookie cutter job and a cookie cutter life. I don't want to be doing other peoples taxes and going home at 5.37pm to pat my dog on the head, sit down to my meat-and-two-vegetable meal and wait for millionaire hot seat to come on (or something along those lines), a beautiful life I'm sure, however, not the life for me.

That's just my opinion though, if that's what people aspire and dream about, then by all means, don't let me hold you back. I just think you should do what feels right to you and live life the way you want to live it, aspire to your dreams, not what society finds 'custom'. Be who you want to be and not a clone tainted so much by sociological views, because it's those inner complexities, the aspects that make a person tick, that's the true beauty within humanity.

Again, this is all just my opinion, and advice ... optional to listen to, or not, of course. I shall let you in on a little cliche that I've heard so many times I swore if another person said it, my ears would bleed ... but I understand a lot of the meaning behind it now, and I can't believe I'm about to write it ... but: 'Life is a rollercoaster, so just enjoy the ride, wherever it takes you!"

Hey ... Live life. Dream Big, and let the best memories engrave themselves on your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment